We handle cases across the United States. Allen Stewart is licensed to practice law in Texas, California, New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio and Arizona.
The NC lemon law protects automobile buyers in the event that theyâve purchased a defective vehicle that cannot be fixed by a mechanic after a reasonable amount of visits to the shop. What qualifies as reasonable is defined by the type of defect and whether it relates to safety. In all cases where a newly purchased vehicle is too long in the shop or not repairable, the manufacturer is bound to offer the consumer a replacement or complete refund. Allen Stewart Law can offer legal advice and/or representation when the manufacturer refuses to comply with the NC law regarding lemon for cars.
5 Things You Need to Know about the MC Lemon Law
1. The NC lemon law pertains to most new vehicles, including passenger cars, trucks, motorcycles, and most vans; however, the law does not extend to pre-owned or used vehicles. If youâre interested to learn more about the law and how it impacts you as a consumer, contact Lemon Law Attorney Allen Stewart by calling 866-440-2460. You can also visit our website to find a wealth of free information to guide you. We offer a free case evaluation over the phone if you wish to pursue your case side by side with our lemon law experts.
2. If your vehicleâs defect impairs the value, use, or safety of your car, the law requires that the manufacturer repairs defects for a full two years or 24,000 miles. In NC, the manufacturer has 4 attempts to repair the same issue; if the vehicle has been out of service for a significant amount of time, the lemon law may apply, as well. Itâs important that you inquire from a lemon lawyer about the details of the NC lemon law to ensure enough time has passed and ample attempts have been made to repair your vehicle.
3. The process of petitioning the manufacturer can be challenging; it involves notifying the manufacturer in writing and giving them 15 days to remedy the situation. If the issue is not resolved, you must follow up with a written notice that you intend to file suit. You may also be required to participate in a dispute resolution program set up by the manufacturer. Consulting a consumer rights lawyer will save you time during this phase in your case.
4. Not all lawyers have the right amount of experience when it comes to lemon law cases. Look for a NC lemon law lawyer who has a good track record of winning these types of cases. The Magnuson-Moss Law is a federally-enacted law that applies to all lemon car suits, regardless of the state, and will ensure that the manufacturer pays for your attorneyâs fees.
5. You have a limited amount of time to sue the manufacturer. If you believe youâve purchased a lemon, get in touch with experienced lemon law attorney, Allen Stewart, to discuss the details of your case. If the lemon law applies, weâll hold the manufacturer accountable for selling you a defective vehicle and make sure you are offered a replacement vehicle or a full refund.
We welcome your comments!
Connect Socially With Us
Allen Stewart is not afraid of big business. We take our mission statement seriously, “passionate about defending the rights of people harmed by others.” Our lemon law attorneys in Texas are here to help you by dealing directly with vehicle manufacturers on your behalf. If you think you have a lemon vehicle, contact us today.