We handle cases across the United States. Allen Stewart is licensed to practice law in Texas, California, New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio and Arizona.
Are you constantly taking your vehicle to the dealership for repairs? You may be having a lemon. Car manufacturers are bound by warranties to fix your vehicle or refund your money or replace your car when it's not possible. Unfortunately, a manufacturer can insist that your automobile isn't a lemon and, therefore, refuse to honor their warranty. The best course of action is to talk to a top lemon law attorney to know for sure if the lemon law in New York for used cars applies to your case, and we can help.
At Allen Stewart, PC, our expert lawyer will prove you have lemon for cars. Additionally, our lemon law attorney can negotiate an out-of-court settlement or take your claim to court to ensure you're given the maximum compensation you need to move on.
Lemon Law Guide for Used Cars in NY
The law requires dealers to provide used car consumers with a written warranty to repairâat no cost to the ownerâall defects in parts under this warranty or to give a full refund if the defects canât be fixed after reasonable attempts.
The New York Lemon Law covers used cars that fulfill the following conditions:
- The car has a condition or defect covered under the manufacturerâs express warranty.
- Your vehicle was bought, transferred as a gift, or leased within two years or 18,000 miles of the original delivery, whichever comes first.
- Itâs primarily used for personal reasons.
- The defect or condition affects the use, safety, or market value of the vehicle.
- You notified an authorized dealer of the condition or defect within 18,000 miles or two years after buying the car, whichever is earlier.
- Your car was purchased, transferred, leased in New York, or is currently registered in the state. Itâs important to note that the law covers only those leased automobiles where you as the lessee are responsible for car repairs.
- It had covered at most 100,000 miles at the time of purchase.
- The buying price of the vehicle was at least $1,500
- The manufacturer has tried no less than 4 times to correct the condition or defect.
What is the Meaning of âPrimarily Used for Personal Reasons?â
A vehicle is mainly used for personal purposes when itâs intended for family, household, or personal reasons. For instance, using your car to work or running household errands. Your vehicle might also be for personal as well as business use so long as over 50 percent is for personal usage.
Top-Rated Lemon Law Lawyer
Our experienced lemon law attorney at Allen Stewart, PC, can look over your situation to determine what legal action to take. As lemon law experts, we have a thorough understanding of the specific laws applicable in New York, and we'll zealously represent your interests. If our lemon law lawyer cannot reach a settlement under the Lemon Law New York for used cars, we're more than willing to take your claim to court and fight for a favorable outcome. Contact our consumer rights lawyer for a free lemon law consultation: 1-866-440-2460.Lemon Law New York Used Car
We welcome your comments!
Connect Socially With Us
Allen Stewart is not afraid of big business. We take our mission statement seriously, “passionate about defending the rights of people harmed by others.” Our lemon law attorneys in Texas are here to help you by dealing directly with vehicle manufacturers on your behalf. If you think you have a lemon vehicle, contact us today.