We handle cases across the United States. Allen Stewart is licensed to practice law in Texas, California, New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio and Arizona.
Nothing is worse than buying a car and having endless problems with it. When you buy brand new, you expect your vehicle to run for a decent amount of time without needing repair. Aside from suggested maintenance, the need for excessive repairs, in the beginning, can be a frustrating experience. You may have a lemon on your hands, which could fall under the current lemon law in KY.
What Constitutes a Lemon for Cars?
The lemon laws provide different options for buyers who purchase vehicles that donât meet current performance and quality standards. You will find individual state laws and federal laws, so you must understand the lemon law in KY if you are concerned with a vehicle you have purchased.
Lemon law experts will tell you that these guidelines may not apply to all situations. General problems with your vehicle have to take place while under warranty. This does not have to be a new vehicle warranty; it could be a limited warranty that came with the vehicle.
According to federal law:
- The vehicle manufacturer will need to try repairing the issue a reasonable amount of times, sometimes three or four, without success. You may also have encountered various problems with the vehicle that have now made it unstable.
- Attempts to repair the issue occurred within the first two years of vehicle ownership.
- You have not been able to use the vehicle for a 30-day period due to the need for repairs.
Along with all of the different requirements that your lemon lawyer will go over with you, it is important to keep the following in mind:
- Any consumer rights lawyer will tell you that you should only be taking your vehicle to the dealership for repair if you want to fall under lemon law guidelines. Should you take it to any other mechanic, the manufacturer is not liable for the work performed.
- You should also keep detailed records of all repairs. Should your case go to court, your lemon law attorney will want to show that the vehicle manufacturer had enough chances to fix it but failed. You may also have to show the length of time your vehicle was unavailable due to issues and attempted repair.
- As mentioned, hiring an attorney will help you navigate this process and deal with any lemon law claims the right way. When you work with an experienced attorney who has dealt with lemon laws, you should generate good results. The manufacturer will be responsible for all attorney-related fees if you win your lemon law case.
There is no reason why you have to feel stressed or overwhelmed when you are looking to see if your vehicle is covered under the lemon law in KY. Get in touch with our offices at Allen Stewart by calling (866) 440-2460. We would be happy to address any questions or concerns you have or set up a time to have a free lemon law consultation.lemon law KY
We welcome your comments!
Connect Socially With Us
Allen Stewart is not afraid of big business. We take our mission statement seriously, “passionate about defending the rights of people harmed by others.” Our lemon law attorneys in Texas are here to help you by dealing directly with vehicle manufacturers on your behalf. If you think you have a lemon vehicle, contact us today.